Thank you for your interest in joining the Nexus MAT.
Post title: Free School Pre-Opening Project Manager
Salary and grade: £34,106 – £37,107 (Band J NJC points 38 – 41)
Hours: 37 hours per week (52 weeks)
Contract: Fixed Term for 20 months with potential for an extension to 36 months
Location: Nexus HQ, 1st Floor, Unit A06, Magna 34 Business Park Temple Road, Rotherham, S60 1FG
Line manager/s: Chief Finance Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Free School Project Manager to join our Award Winning team as we continue to develop and grow. On 29th March 2018, the Children and Families Minister Nadhim Zahawi MP, named Nexus MAT as the successful provider who will work with Sheffield and Doncaster Local Authorities to open two new special free schools. The Doncaster free school is a new 100-place school for children aged five to 19-years-old with complex communication and interaction needs, autism spectrum disorder and other social and mental health needs. The Sheffield free school is a new 60-place school for children with autism spectrum disorder and social, emotional, and mental health needs. The Doncaster Free school is currently scheduled to open in Sept 2019 and the Sheffield Free School is scheduled to open in Sept 2020. Please note, further to a meeting with the Department for Education the role and grading of this post has been amended from a previously advertised position.
We are looking for a dynamic, industrious and forward thinking project manager who will:
- Provide oversight and management of the development and delivery of the two free schools throughout the pre-opening phase from inception to opening;
- Support the day-to-day liaison with the Local Authorities, Department for Education (DfE), Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), Nexus’ Executive team and other key stakeholders.
- Develop Programme & project Management arrangements including development and maintenance of detailed project plan, risk register, issues log etc. Day to day management of the project development grant/budget including forecasting.
- Liaise with Solicitors on the drafting of the Supplemental Funding Agreements.
Support the Public Consultation, including preparation of detailed consultation documents, Section 10 reports and plans.
Nexus Multi Academy Trust is an innovative and forward thinking Trust operating across the Rotherham, Doncaster and – due to the free school – Sheffield local authority areas. We have the privilege of working with wonderful children and families every single day, and our responsibility to and for them is our utmost priority. In September 2017 we were recognised for our strengths by being awarded “Outstanding Governance” status by the National Governance Association.
The successful applicant must have access to car and be able to travel as attendance at locations across the Trust’s schools including in Rotherham, Doncaster and Sheffield is essential.
In return we can offer you:
- A supportive, committed and professional working environment.
- Positive opportunities for professional development and a commitment to continuous learning.
- A challenging and demanding role which will stretch your programme, project management and organisational skills.
For more information about the role, please contact Tracey Brooke, Chief Finance Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 07926332682. More information about the about the Trust can be found at www.NexusMAT.org.
To access the job specification and application form, please download the documents below.
Completed application forms must be submitted to email@example.com
Closing date: 20th June 2018
Shortlisting: 22nd June 2018
Interviews: 27th June 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to deliver a short presentation at Interview on 27th June 2018. The topic for the presentation will be provided to shortlisted candidates when invited to interview. Nexus Multi Academy Trust School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant.
For an informal discussion about a specific role or opportunities within the MAT, please contact Warren Carratt, Chief Executive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.