Thank you for your interest in joining the Nexus MAT.
Free School Pre-Opening Project Manager
Based at: Nexus HQ
Salary details: £52,930 – £58,388
Job details: 37 Hours, Full Time, Temporary – Fixed Term
Closing date: 11 May 2018
Nexus HQ, 1st Floor, Unit A06, Magna 34 Business Park Temple Road, Rotherham S60 1FG
Fixed Term for 20 months with potential for an extension to 36 months.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Free School Project Manager to join our Award Winning team as we continue to develop and grow. On 29th March 2018, the Children and Families Minister Nadhim Zahawi MP, named Nexus MAT as the successful provider who will work with Sheffield and Doncaster Local Authorities to open two new special free schools. The Doncaster free school is a new 100-place school for children aged five to 19-years-old with complex communication and interaction needs, autism spectrum disorder and other social and mental health needs. The Sheffield free school is a new 60-place school for children with autism spectrum disorder and social, emotional, and mental health needs. Both schools are currently scheduled to open in Sept 2019.
We are looking for a dynamic, industrious and forward thinking project manager who will:
- Provide oversight and strategic leadership of the development and delivery of the two free schools throughout the pre-opening phase from inception to opening;
- Support the day-to-day liaison with the Local Authorities, Department for Education (DfE), Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), Nexus’ Executive team and other key stakeholders.
- Develop Programme & project Management arrangements including development and maintenance of detailed project plan, risk register, issues etc. Day to day management of the grant/budget including forecasting.
- Liaise with Solicitors over property-related aspects, including the drafting of the Supplemental Funding Agreement etc.
- Oversee the Public Consultation, including preparation of detailed consultation documents, Section 10 reports and plans.
- Play a significant role as a member of the Trust’s Executive Leadership Team.
Nexus Multi Academy Trust is an innovative and forward thinking Trust operating across the Rotherham, Doncaster and – due to the free school – Sheffield local authority areas. We have the privilege of working with wonderful children and families every single day, and our responsibility to and for them is our utmost priority. In September 2017 we were recognised for our strengths by being awarded “Outstanding Governance” status by the National Governance Association.
The successful applicant must have access to car and be able to travel as attendance at locations across the Trust’s schools including in Rotherham, Doncaster and Sheffield is essential.
In return we can offer you:
- A supportive, committed and professional working environment.
- Positive opportunities for professional development and a commitment to continuous learning.
- A challenging and demanding role which will stretch your programme, project management and organisational skills.
For more information about the role, please contact Tracey Brooke, Chief Finance Officer, at email@example.com or tel. 07926332682. More information about the about the Trust can be found at www.NexusMAT.org.
To access the job specification and application form, please download the documents attached on this page.
Completed application forms must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: noon 11th May 2018
- Shortlisting: 16th May 2018 (in afternoon)
- Interviews: 23rd May 2018
Nexus MAT Application Form
Job Description and Person Specification
Nexus Multi Academy Trust School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Current Vacancies across the MAT
Kelford School (Nexus MAT) – Deputy Headteacher
L11 – L16 Full time, permanent post to commence September 2018.
Kelford School is a forward looking, welcoming and passionately child-centred school which provides an enabling environment for children and young people with a range of special educational needs. We are inviting applications for a Deputy Headteacher from September 2018 and are seeking to appoint an experienced and passionate individual to join the Senior Leadership Team.
This post will be responsible for the quality of provision within the Primary Phase of our school and due to the Leadership and Management responsibilities will have a minimal teaching commitment.
We are looking for someone who has:
- experience of teaching children and young people with complex needs within the Primary Phase
- experience of curriculum development and implementation through personalised learning approaches
- experience of developing and implementing assessment systems including formative and summative systems
- led school improvement initiatives and has effective leadership and management experience in a school setting
- experience of managing, leading and developing diverse teams
- a willingness to jointly undertake a Designated Safeguarding Lead role
In return, we can offer you:
- the autonomy and support to develop provision
- a commitment to your Continuous Professional Development
- a dedicated staff workforce and amazing children, young people and families
- a forward thinking, innovative and supportive team who are at an exciting phase of their development
- a real commitment to work life balance
Please see our website http://www.kelfordschool.com/vacancies.html for an application pack and if you would like any further information about the post or about our school please contact Jacky Tattershall, Headteacher.
Completed applications should be returned to Amanda Hobson at Kelford School, Oakdale Road, Rotherham, S61 2NU or via email email@example.com by 7th May 2018 at 12 noon and the interviews are scheduled to take place on 22nd May 2018.
We warmly welcome visits to the school and have arranged the following dates for any candidate who is interested in visiting:
Monday 23rd April @ 1.30 p.m.
Wed 25th April @ 9.30 a.m.
Wed 2nd May @ 10.30 a.m.
Fri 4th May @ 9.30 a.m.
This post involves working with vulnerable children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.disclosure.gov.uk
Closing date: 7th May 2018 at 12 noon Interview Date: Tuesday 22nd May 2018
Advert Deputy Headteacher Sept 18
Application Pack Deputy Headteacher Sept 18
Nexus MAT Application Form
For an informal discussion about a specific role or opportunities within the MAT, please contact Warren Carratt, Chief Executive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.